Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Talent Partnerships Coordinator Role:
The Andela Learning Community (ALC) is a network of people technologists and tech enthusiasts across Africa dedicated to learning how to use technology to solve humanity’s problems. The ALC is a blended learning environment that combines both online and on-site learning materials, events, and facilitated skill sessions. It is led by a community of professionals, advocates, ambassadors, and eager, hungry, passionate learners. Our goal is to provide an ever-growing population of aspiring technologists with the resources and environments they need to become world-class problem solvers.
You will be responsible for managing and maintaining Andela’s talent partnerships programs aimed at scaling our learning programs and reaching our goal of supporting 1,000,000 aspiring developers on the continent by 2024.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for leading the sourcing, evaluation and selection of technologists dedicating to learning software development. Additionally, you and your team will be responsible for building the systems and processes that will support learners.
Project Management, Process Improvement/Optimization
- You are a strong project manager, you are able to lead and manage ALC program(s)/project(s) from its inception to execution. This includes planning, execution and managing the people, resources and scope of the ALC program
- You will be responsible for building and optimizing scalable systems and processes that will support our fast-growing learners, mentors and partners in the ALC community
Community Building and Partnerships (continuous improvement)
- Manage the day-to-day communication of Andela Learning Communities across regions in Africa
- Oversee and ensure proper sourcing, identification, screening and selection of program volunteers, vendors, and partners.
- Support volunteer facilitators and meetup organizers to host meetups across regions in Africa
- Host regular office hours with volunteers to ensure required program objectives and metrics are met.
- Promote and ensure the Andela learning community programs extend to new terrain through the Learning Community Ambassadors (LCAs).
- Oversee and ensure strong management of all stages of the program, including meetup coordination, budget and swag disbursement, brand design, budget reconciliations, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and execute a Learning Community Ambassador events/offsites to onboard new volunteers for the Andela Learning Community programs
- Support the team to develop and track metrics for measuring learner progress and selection effectiveness.
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners, vendors, and volunteers including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these bodies.
Learning Environment Technologies and Media Coordination
- Manage our online communications tools (channels and posts) to drive engagement within our communities such as learning content, projects and incentives amongst learners, value-add materials for our volunteers.
- Coordinate the innovation and management of the Andela Learning Community website, platforms, tools, social media pages (Facebook page, Twitter handle etc.)
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant work experience and strong leadership skills.
- Adept project management skills
- Deep understanding of the Africa Developer Ecosystem will be a plus (other notable community building experience will be accepted)
- You understand how to leverage technology and design scalable proposals, and programs to reach prospective partners.
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Sharp attention to detail. You are highly organized and process-driven.
- Strong professional relationship-building skills.
- Proven initiative and persistence. You look for creative ways to overcome objections.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.