Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, Kigali and Egypt, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is looking for an experienced Senior Manager in Accounting to assist the Director of Accounting with the financial accounting and reporting of Andela’s international subsidiaries. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, he or she will be responsible for providing oversight of international financial operations and supporting the Accounting teams with development and execution of a variety of special projects designed to support Andela’s accelerated growth.
What You Will Do
- Develop accounting policies and processes that would guarantee the processing of transactions in line with best practice and help in collaborating with other departments.
- Identify gaps in current accounting policies and procedures and come up with useful suggestions on how to bridge the gap.
- Ensure that the control deficiencies identified by the external auditors in their Management Letter Comments for the year-end audit exercise are addressed.
- Develop, coach and mentor accounting team members for future advancement.
- Carry out a quarterly fixed asset verification exercise and submit the detailed report to the Director of Accounting.
- Perform detailed reviews of team member workpapers, reconciliations and month close schedules to validate correctness, accuracy, etc.
- Manage the accounts payable function by ensuring that supplier invoices are posted on NetSuite when received (within 24 hours) and that payments are processed and posted as and when due.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Ensure that transactions relating to petty cash, bills payments and month end journals are correctly posted into NetSuite.
- Perform monthly inter-company reconciliation with other Andela offices.
- Review payroll computation from the payroll consultant against the input data and ensure that payroll journals are correctly posted in the system.
- Ensure timely finalisation of month end close process by preparing schedules and reconciliations of all general ledger accounts.
- Liaise with the external auditors and respond to audit queries to ensure timely conclusion of the audit.
- Timely filing of VAT and WHT returns
- A CPA in good standing with a minimum of 7 – 10 years of proven work experience in financial operations, managerial accounting, Big 4 audit firm or a related finance field.
- Experience in technical, IFRS and statutory accounting; U.S. GAAP knowledge or experience a plus
- Experience managing high performing accounting teams and successful track record with talent management and development.
- Subject matter expert in local tax laws, regulations and compliance in a variety of areas including PAYE, CIT, VAT, Withholding, Excise Tax, Expat Taxes, and acceptable schemes.
- Cross functional and project management experience, and ability to partner with multiple stakeholders to navigate complex problems.
- A self-starter who can both manage resources and roll up sleeves to execute projects from start to finish.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.