Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About The Role
The General Manager is a professional who is passionate about building the next generation of technology and business leaders in Africa. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for Andela Ghana, overseeing all operations, coordinating all employee-related activities, identifying and developing high-value external relationships in the country, promoting Andela’s brand as an employer of choice in Ghana, ensuring Andela’s business successfully scales within the country and serving as a role model to others in how they demonstrate Andela’s (EPIC) values.
You bring more than passion for the role: You are a people manager. You’re an expert in building and managing operations and developing the processes necessary for scale. You know how to think – and act – big, while holding a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Provide leadership for Ghana based employees and shape the internal employer brand.
- Set the tone for how teams and colleagues collaborate to create an excellent place to work.
- Promote and guard Andela culture amongst Ghana based employees
- Execute decisions around securing workspace for Andela’s employees to operate out of, and ensure they have all the infrastructure to support on-site and remote work (e.g., power, internet, work space, security, work tools).
- Drive business case for expanding operations within the country
- Attract and help close Software Engineer hires, who are drawn to Andela through you.
- Ensure the overall well being, morale and success of all Ghana based employees by working closely with People team, Partner Engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Build trust and respect with employees, in order to have influence on decisions and morale.
- Establish strong relationships with key influencers and stakeholders within the tech ecosystem, broader business community and government, to elevate Andela’s brand, and to improve Andela’s business performance.
- Be a spokesperson for Andela within the country.
- Manage the financial performance of Andela Ghana (specifically around expenditures and costs)
- Provide valuable inputs and insights that shape function, country strategy.
- Proactively identify opportunities for, and challenges to, growth and scaling.
- 7+ years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience
- Experience managing operations, including budgeting and reporting
- Experience developing and managing a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Experience managing and coordinating people and teams
- Experience interfacing with influencers, executives and businesses in Ghana
- Work and living experience in emerging markets, particularly in Ghana
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
- Experience at start-ups a plus, but not required
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.