Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
To ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, processing of purchase orders and filing of statutory returns. You will report to the Accounting Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review transactions for completeness, accuracy, proper documentation and approvals prior to processing.
- Review quotations & and assist the procurement team to process purchase orders.
- Manage the fixed asset register by ensuring monthly update and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely posting of both recurring/non-recurring journals and cash book entries into the accounting system.
- Ensuring timely posting of invoices and processing of payments to suppliers.
- Manage the office petty cash.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in timely close of the monthly accounts.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to ensure statutory returns (WHT, WHVAT, VAT and Income Tax) are filed accurately and before cut off dates.
- Maintain a proper manual and electronic filing system.
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions.
- Assist during audits both internal and external.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the Accounting Manager.
- MUST have a University degree. CPA II will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ overall experience in a similar role, audit experience will be an advantage
- Proficiency in ERP software
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.