Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
You are passionate about building and growing a team and connecting a broad range of candidates to the role of their dreams. You thrive when hiring and innovating recruiting processes to hire across a broad range of technical and business disciplines. You have an intuitive sense of role alignment and a data-driven instinct for building scalable recruitment processes. You also understand the importance of recruiting best practices, candidate experience, project/program management and the service-based approach needed to be an Excellent recruiter, and are ambitious enough to be Andela Nigeria’s Primary Lead for Staff hiring.
- Drive the growth of Andela Nigeria - leading the recruitment efforts across various departments
- Partner with other Country/Departament Leads/Recruiting members globally to share best practices and support the evolution of Andela’s world-class Recruiting team
- Testing and implementing Andela’s channel sourcing strategy and execution for engaging and attracting Africa’s top technologists and other non-technical profiles.
- Utilizing, providing feedback on, and improving templates, communications strategies, systems, and processes that enable the speedy, efficient, and quality delivery of high quality technologists into Andela’s
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing hiring operations, and help define new hiring strategies.
- Partner with senior level management on high-profile leadership requisitions and assist them in determining and fulfilling their talent needs.
- Build relationships with strong leadership talent in the marketplace. Source passive candidates through research, internal and external networking, and direct outreach.
- Leverage strategic thinking in order to run a successful search process and help hire exceptional talent.
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Create an outstanding process for building relationships with recruitment channel partners, vendors including developing partnerships and attracting top talents from across the continent and the diaspora.
- Set team’s objectives, priorities, and resources. Develop and track metrics for measuring hiring progress and selection effectiveness.
- Manage hiring marketing and project budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment
- Relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers.
Qualifications & Characteristics
Our Ideal candidate should tick the following boxes:
- A University degree and a HR certification
- 4-7years in-house or recruitment agency full-lifecycle recruiting experience;
- Be aligned with, and able to see a link between your role and Andela’s overall mission
- Solid experience managing teams and leading them to a world class status;
- Have experience leading and scaling recruiting teams;
- Must be self-aware and an awesome people person; leveraging relationship management to achieve desired results;
- Ability to inspire, lead and drive people to happily exceed expectations;
- Have a combination of a service-oriented and data-driven approach;
- Be familiar with ATS/CRM systems, Spreadsheets (ideally Google Suite);
- Be well versed in active sourcing (through Boolean and social media);
- Have curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top candidates from across Rwanda and neighboring sites;
- Be motivated to relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers;
- Be passionate about mentorship/development of junior colleagues;
- Have clarity when describing Andela's business model and value-add to technical and lay audience;
- Be creative in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela;
- Be an adaptable self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.