Job Title: Engineering Recruiter
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior - Mid Level
Reporting to: Senior Engineering Recruiter
You are passionate about supporting recruiting functions, building and designing systems and process that increase efficiency and you have a love for finding and supporting unique individuals that, given the right role have the power to change the world. You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in fast-paced, innovative environments, and solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering Africa’s top engineers. You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and be a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards. You’ll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimise the job roles in focus.
About the Role:
As Andela engages with the continent’s top technologists, you will play a key role in attracting, talent mapping, sourcing and hiring key high calibre technologists across Africa, and filling mission critical roles which drive Andela’s growth and impact.
You are familiar with a wider range of sourcing and talent attraction techniques, across active sourcing on social media, databases and Boolean searches, as well as leveraging referrals and internal mobility/applicants.
We are looking for someone who understands how to build a pipeline through online sourcing tools, and understands how to quickly engage and progress candidates through the recruitment process. You must be highly organized and capable of prioritising work with little guidance.
- Source top talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Design and maintain systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates
- Coordinate (using recruiting software & tracking systems) and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time, and through the most equitable and objective processes possible
- Comply with and bolster data analysis systems to improve performance tracking once hired. Coordinating the various tasks to ensure a consistent, data collection towards active sourcing, candidate application review, referral actioning, interview pass-through rates and hiring goals.
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires
Qualifications & Characteristics
- At least 2 years in a Talent Acquisition or Recruitment related role in an established organisation, technical recruiting experience a bonus
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top engineers from across the continent
- Active sourcing experience through platforms such as LinkedIn, Boolean search exposure and leveraging networks through referrals and internal applicants
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- You are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories.
- You are a heroine/hero at maintaining relationships, with a mind for client / candidate satisfaction.
- You have a knack for developing, coordinating and implementing the calendars of activities to ensure that targets are hit in a timely manner
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with and selling to others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
- A self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
EPIC Values Alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family