Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Data & Analytics at Andela:
The Data team arms Andelans across five countries and two continents with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes BI tooling and infrastructure as well as thoughtful analysis. You'll work on a team of analysts who cover areas within Supply (Delivery, Learning), Demand (Sales, Marketing, Partner Experience) and a data engineer. The mandate and scope of the team is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop metrics and optimize against them
- Support business teams with reporting and dashboards
- Conduct actionable analysis and provide insights to decision makers
- Identify and analyze trends and develop potential solutions
- Work on a globally distributed data team in New York, Lagos and Nairobi making a large impact on Andela's strategy
Who you are:
- A self-starting, curious analyst with 2 years of experience in tech, consulting or finance
- Business-minded in addition to data savvy
- Advanced in Excel, proficiency in SQL a plus
- A strong communicator and team player who can distill and convey insights from complex data sets
- Adaptable and able to navigate a rapidly growing organization
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Redshift)
- High-growth startups
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status