Andela’s Mission is to advance human potential by powering today’s teams and investing in tomorrow’s leaders. Founded on a simple truth that “brilliance is evenly distributed”, Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented individuals on the African continent, help them grow into technical leaders, and place them as full-time, distributed team members with companies that range from Mastercard and Viacom to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures), Spark Capital, and CRE Venture Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About the Department
The Success Department is responsible for partner delivery and Andela developer experience. Partner delivery means ensuring that the work delivered by developers for internal and external clients consistently meets or exceeds expectations associated with their level. Developer experience means ensuring that they have opportunities to grow and develop through internal engagements, client engagements, mentor-ship and other opportunities that may present themselves.
About the role
As a Program Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the Program Manager in driving programs within success and analyzing data across the department, helping to identify root causes of cross-department collaboration issues and helping to identify gaps in Andela’s processes and work to close those gaps to help the business run more efficiently.
- Work closely with the Program Manager of Success, as well as his direct management team.
- Collaborate with many different teams in the department and help unblock issues with the help of data
- Ensure teams are following agreed-upon processes and when they are not, help to mitigate that risk in the Department.
- Work closely with different teams, including operations to identify ways to automate processes or make them more efficient by looking for synergies between departments
- Review, extract and analyze data on existing systems, processes and procedures
- Creates reports that detail trends in performance and processes, as well as make recommendations for improvements; identify gaps and help close them
- Manage the development of new projects/initiatives through special research, data analysis, and data collection to facilitate strategic decision-making
- Assess any project/initiatives for financial and economic feasibility, and be responsible for administrative activities (estimates and cost control) and monitoring the activities set for each project
- Coordinate with departments within the company and, in some cases, teams from outside the organization
- Analyze, track, forecast, and report on department processes, metrics and other shortfalls
- Minimum of 2 years of experience doing analytical, problem solving, teamwork-oriented work
- Passion for our mission
- Willingness and excitement to help make improvements in the division
- Experience and comfort working with senior level executives and holding them accountable for their deliverables
- Demonstrated effectiveness developing plans, prioritizing activities and driving execution
- Strong confidence to make important recommendations using detailed analysis for support
- Effective in identifying root causes of problems or the gaps in systematic processes and devising creative solutions to address them
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously; a good multi-tasker
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, inspire action/trust amongst teams and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Can thrive working for an extremely detail-oriented, multi-tasking manager
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.