Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Strategic Account Manager to drive consultative upselling within Andela’s Strategic book of business. You will be the face of Andela to our clients and work to meet their core business needs through strategic placement of our world-class developers. You are able to consult clients using strong data-driven approaches and managing various stakeholders in Technology, Product, Procurement, HR, and more.
With your strong technical experience and in-depth look into our clients’ needs, you will develop practicable solutions that support both our clients’ business growth, as well as our fellows’ professional development. You are passionate about innovative business models that drive sustainable impact, and you’ve developed rigorous and systematic techniques for prospecting, sales, and upsell success. You have a proven track record in managing complex, enterprise corporations and seamlessly navigating corporate processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the on-boarding experience from closed deal to kick-off to go-live, which includes managing the partners’ team, internal stakeholders, and resources to support the effort
- Manage strategic partner relationship by organizing and leading routine check-in points, educating and integrating the partner and developer, and tracking and problem solving progress to create a sustainable partnership
- You will work directly with senior stakeholders across large enterprise companies to ensure growth, adoption, awareness of Andela’s offerings
- Drive churn numbers to all-time lows through a combination of flawless execution, intentional integration, and methodical measures
- Uncover opportunities for growth throughout your portfolio
- You will work cross-functionally with our Andela team in Success to manage healthy partnerships
- You will be a liaison to Andela product team to provide partner feedback and support the evolution of Andela’s enterprise solution
Job Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- 10 - 15 years of experience in sales, account management, or client services roles
- You have experience managing relationships & selling to Fortune 500 companies
- Partners and internal stakeholders alike love working with you, and your business thrives because of it
- You’ve successfully executed on multiple complex projects while making sure no (or very few) balls dropped
- You have work experience with best-in-class technology companies and/or with distributed teams
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.