Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The financial planning and reporting (FP&R) is a newly created function within FP&A team. The FP&R team will be responsible for implementing new planning tools and systems and for maintaining efficient reporting for the company operating model. The FP&R team will also be a key driver in understanding financial variances vs. budget and other benchmarks. Andela is looking for a highly skilled and motivated coordinator to join the FP&R team. Working with the senior manager, the coordinator will provide FP&R support for the business globally. The FPR coordinator should demonstrate a proven track record and work in a fast–paced corporate finance environment. They should be able to adapt to change on a regular basis and deliver quick and accurate reports at the corporate and divisional levels. Further, they should be able to gather and interpret complex financial data, be an avid problem solver with a strong interest in building tools to support business processes. In doing this, they should be able to collaborate with key parties across the business to incorporate all relevant information into financial plans & report to allow him/her highlight actionable insights and perspectives, identify business trends, and recommend action plans for core functions supporting the organization.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Working with senior manager and rest of FP&A team, developing and manage financial systems/models
- Design advanced analytics and develop new processes and tools to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Generating monthly variance and KPI report for the group and share with functional leads/global leads
- Generating insightful reports to determine opportunities within the reported financial data including developing key financial dashboards for the group. In doing this the FP&R coordinator should be able to identify and report on major trends and recommend action plans
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with other team members and functional heads
- Engage and collaborate with other teams across the region and beyond on ad hoc projects and modelling
- Support the annual planning cycle and mid period forecasting for the group
- Minimum 1 - 2 year of experience in finance, with a strong mix of finance & accounting
- Experience using or implementing complex financial reporting tools
- Experience in programming , a plus
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and drive to learn
- Qualification in finance or accounting (CPA/CFA/ACCA/ Undergrad)
- Legally eligible to work in Kenya
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.