Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Company: Andela Uganda
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Key Stakeholders/Interfaces: Operations, Finance, Country Director
This role includes maintaining all Andela buildings and grounds facilities. Supervision of tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, procurement and custodial services. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination. The Facilities Associate should have the ability to collaborate with and support all stakeholders/interfaces.
- Direct and plan essential central services such as reception, security, catering and other services.
- Conduct periodic facilities users satisfaction survey and ensure the correction of area of dissatisfaction
- Develop and track monthly spending budgets and prepare reports detailing budgeted amounts versus actual spent; Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services; including ensuring that we get best value for money.
- Coordinate with contractors in providing contract services - catering, security.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and SLA
- Work with the Facilities Manager to report problems, solutions, and costs associated.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the annual facility budget.
- Assist in policies and procedure formulation, implementation and monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies as they relate to facilities
- Managing accommodations - responsible for ensuring residence sign lease agreement, updating lease records such as new allocations and exits.
- Support office logistics and management as required.
- Responsible for providing up-to-date documentation for all leases, facilities and vehicle service level agreements and contracts.
- Responsible for the verification of invoice, Local purchase order, and update the facility’s maintenance cost to meet with budget.
- Prepare the quarterly Facilities Management reports are communicated to stakeholders.
- Manage service level agreements and maintenance contracts with service providers.
- Supervise the delivery of critical support services in order to achieve maximum efficiency and value.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the senior management team, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- To consult/work with other senior managers on specific initiatives as required
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity
- Must have Bachelors in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Must work effectively and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and willingness to serve
- Ability to execute projects systematically
- Good craftsmanship.
- Proficient in computer applications using Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Minimum of one year experience in facilities management and supervising others