Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. With offices in NYC, SF, Austin, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is seeking a Front End Web Developer to join our growing Marketing team in New York. You will be responsible for the creation and optimization of all web properties across lines of business. Reporting into the Art Director and working closely with Digital Marketing leads, you will maintain and update andela.com and implement digital assets to bring marketing campaigns to life. Ideally, you have a background that spans software development, product management and marketing. You are passionate about leveraging front end development and marketing knowledge to optimize web properties and drive business growth.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Maintain and update existing Wordpress website as well as conceptualize and build landing pages and other digital assets that bring campaigns to life
- Work with digital marketing leads to increase conversion, decrease bounce rate, and increase session time across all audiences
- Partner with creative team leads to ensure assets are optimized for UX, allow for testing/learning and render perfectly across all browsers and devices
- Work with IT to build infrastructure and guardrails to support an increased web presence and growing complexity of integrations
- Operate within a collaborative environment with highly motivated teammates and interact with many other parts of the business
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable educating autonomously while being accountable for decision making
Successful candidates must:
- Fit our unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven.
- Be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, taking initiative, teamwork, thought leadership, credibility, and operating with/through a lean team.
- Must provide code samples or a portfolio: on-site code test required
- Codes in compliance with web standards and best practices
- Fluent in HTML5 and CSS-4
- Experience creating cross-browser, cross-device code
- Experience creating responsive sites and developing for mobile
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Working knowledge of InVision (familiar with InVision style extraction from prototypes), Axure and Sketch a plus.
- Working knowledge of Hubspot forms integration
- Experience coding HTML from scratch, without the use of a framework (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Code is DRY
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to test own work for quality assurance
- Initiative and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven record of leadership and partnership with IT and design departments that possess varying depths of knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Experience working with email coding, including inbox rendering and QA
- Experience working with Google Forms
- Experience working with HubSpot
- An eye for design
- Knowledge of User Experience principles
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.