Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role.
As a Learning Development Manager, you will primarily work under the People department overseeing all Training Learning and development programme, developing and implementing learning strategies and programs some of the programmes will include: e-learning courses, career plans, workshops and more. You will work with the Learning and development team across Andela to help our employees to advance their skill and knowledge. You will be a key contributor to L&D frameworks that are critical to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization. We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping people learn and grow.
- Managing a high-performing team in Learning & Development department.
- Developing and implementing training and development strategy to help the business in the achievement of its overall Andela mission
- Preparing the annual training plan for staff and fellows for both technical and soft skills development for improved service delivery
- Manage training needs assessment for individual staff and fellows in consultation with departmental heads in different centers, including assessment methods and measurement tools.
- Creating and maintaining processes to monitor the health and effectiveness of training interactions,
- Coordinating the evaluation of instructors’ performance as well as the effectiveness of the training programmes implemented.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Monitor and report on L&D activities, costs and performance.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to compliment that provided externally or internally by others.
- Observing and offering constructive feedback to all co-located Trainers
- Conduct robust induction and orientation sessions. Actual facilitation of induction courses.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 5 years experience in Learning & Development.
- Prior experience in designing curriculum and module content
- Excellent presentation, report writing and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience facilitating the learning and development of software developers is an added advantage
- Passion for learning & development
- Integrity in giving feedback to team members
- Collaboration demonstrated through iterating management processes based on feedback from colleagues
- Experience facilitating the learning and development in IT industry or for a start up is an added advantage
- A Bachelor's degree in business, or a related field.
- Proficient with Google Docs/Microsoft Word, Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.