Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About The Role
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
As the Program Manager within the Technology Products group, you will proactively identify, manage and execute on operational and optimization projects and initiatives from inception to completion. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the product group runs like a well-oiled machine, owning our project prioritization process and go-to-market strategy. You’ll also be managing cross-departmental events, like global hackathons. You will collaborate with stakeholders across all functions of the business, across our global offices and report directly into the VP, Technology Products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strong project management where you will set timelines, goals, deliverables, and execute accordingly along with a solid communication strategy and plan.
- Evaluate processes used across the Technology department and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure the Technology groups are fully aligned on process and delivery (Learning Tech, Delivery Tech, Design, Engineering)
- Ownership of critical Technology Product processes, including:
- Quarterly Prioritization
- Weekly Reporting to Tech Council
- Bi-weekly Sprint Demo Coordination
- Go-to-market Strategy and Execution
- Identify, research, evaluate and recommend projects that optimize the performance and outcomes of the Technology Products group
- Hold teams and individuals accountable for meeting delivery and internal/external communication targets
- Build and lead impactful relationships with cross-functional team members including the leadership team
- Regular coordination/collaboration with Technology leadership (CTO, VP Eng., Dir. Product)
- Coordination of Tech events including global Hackathons
You’re a good fit for this role if you are:
- Experienced working with product and engineering teams, either as a program manager, product manager, project manager, or engineering manager
- Willing and able to operate independently with limited oversight or direction
- Happy to get your hands dirty and fully own initiatives from start to finish
- A background in technology, consulting, or partnerships
- A doer who is self-motivated and proactive, obsessed with detail and quality, and personally offended by mediocrity.
- An open communicator who takes ownership of deliverables, communicates ideas, and tests their efficacy with an analytical mindset.
- Able to thrive on a diverse, globally distributed team
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Domestic and global travel opportunities
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.