Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Under the management of the operations head, the Procurement Coordinator will manage all procurement and supply chain functions at Andela.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive and process requisitions from different user departments including confirmation of budget approvals.
- Sourcing and Pre-qualification of suppliers and ensuring Andela has a lean supplier base.
- Establish and manage all vendor relations
- Represent the interests of the company in all supplier negotiation, ensure the company gets the best deals that project best value for money, set up and manage supplier contracts.
- Manage the process of supplier evaluation, cost analysis and selection
- Work with finance to process purchase orders.
- Ensure all procurement transactions are properly documented
- Receiving of commodities and processing invoices through the finance department.
- Expediting orders and ensuring goods are delivered on time.
- Creating a process around procurement across all departments in the organisation, in conjunction with Finance and Operations.
- Conduct value chain and total cost analysis on various sourcing options (eg. local vs. International, centralised vs. Decentralised) on high value purchases, from time to time and advice the management on the best sourcing strategy to adopt.
- Conduct market surveys regularly to ensure to ensure the company is getting supplies at the most competitive rates and the goods supplied comply to industry standards.
- Developing a procurement plan for the organisation and manage implementation.
- Monitor consumption of goods and services at the organisation and make proposals to the head of operations on possible cost management options.
- Managing import and export of goods.
- Professional certification in a related area such as business or economics, logistics, supply chain management or purchasing.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience in vetting suppliers prior to on-boarding
- A good knowledge of the procurement process, procedures and the ability to track and advise on changes to relevant legislation
- Multitasking skills, including the ability to handle various enquiries
- Keen on operational excellence and process improvements to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.