Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
Andela is looking to hire a Senior Recruiting Manager, to join our NYC office and manage all US hiring at Andela. We’ve recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,300 Andelans globally, and plan to reach double that size by of 2020—the People department’s Recruiting team will drive much of that growth. Of course, we care about growth in both the quantity and quality of our employees, so our recruiters’ success is measured not just by their time-to-hire and headcount filled, but also by pass-through rate, EPIC values alignment, and other more qualitative metrics. In the US office, most of the hiring needs are for Andela’s demand-side teams—the Sales, Marketing, Data, Finance, and Product teams.
While you will work most heavily with hiring managers and interviewers in our US office, you will lead a distributed US Recruiting function (Recruiters in both New York and Lagos) and partner with Recruiting and People team leads globally. This opportunity is ideal for talent acquisition managers in the tech and start-up space across sales hiring, and ideal for levelling-up in international exposure and work at a mission-driven, fast-paced, for-profit business.
As the US Recruiting lead - you must obviously be highly empathetic, a strong people manager, capable of building and executing a recruiting strategy across a combination of volume/sales hiring, technical positions as well as C-Suite/Leadership hiring. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work closely with multiple stakeholders, and manage a high volume of open headcount at once.
- Managing a distributed Recruiting team across New York and Lagos, and owning role allocation, US hiring strategy and execution of all US hiring
- Partner with Recruiting and People teams globally to solve for improving diversity, candidate experience, hiring quality and Andela branding
- Build and maintain strong relationships across Andela Leadership and US department leads - and ensure hiring goals are met
- In depth experience of leading a recruiting team/function, with strong strategic, people managerial and tactical execution exposure
- Have the ambition to be entirely lead Andela US’ hiring as we enter into a period of unprecedented growth
- Experience actively sourcing talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Github, Angelist, and others)
- 7+ years recruiting experience, with 2+ years in a managerial capacity
- Able to manage hiring across sales/high volume as well as technical and Leadership positions
- Have a combination of an experience-oriented and data-driven approach
- Strong talent network and understanding of sales and tech talent
- Understanding of how to best use different technology/tools to optimise a rapidly scaling US workforce
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees.
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with and selling others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Domestic and global travel opportunities
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.