Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
You are curious, passionate and driven. A lifelong learner, eager to empower and coach others on their journey to full potential, especially in tech.
About The Role
At Andela, we believe that Technology Leaders are defined by their ability to model, capture, and transfer the mindset and best practices of their craft to any technology professional from entry level developers to senior software engineers.
In this role, you will nurture that expertise by daily investing in the next generation of African technology leaders to gain the skills needed to be globally employable software developers.
- Mentor aspiring software developers
- Run simulated software development team sprints
- Deliver actionable feedback and support people to improve based on your input
- Track and measure skill development using Andela’s unique learning systems
- Contribute to Andela’s Learning Program evolution by running high impact initiatives and providing quality feedback
- Continuously level up your own skills and grow with the organization.
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Professional Software Development (ex: Web development in JS or Python)
- Instructional Design in Computer Programming or Software
- Relational/Business/People Skills Training
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering/Development
- Fluent in oral and written communication with English
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze and inspire your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.