Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in Austin, NYC, SF, Kampala, Kigali, Lagos, and Nairobi, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
This is an amazing opportunity to learn about our business at the highest level of the organization. You will support Andela's VP of People and interact daily with other awesome leaders and team members. The Executive Assistant is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. He/She is able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant is a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, friendly, and efficient.
The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, the ability to anticipate and course correct. Seeking a highly organized individual who embodies the concept of “continuous improvement”. Valued skills for this role would be the ability to re-prioritize and pivot several times/day.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Typical day-to-day would involve:
- Owning and managing administrative tasks
- Managing appointments and an extremely busy/active calendar, ensuring that meetings commence and end on time.
- Developing systems and processes that allow the support function and company scale.
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda and activities of the people team.
The key attributes for this role are:
- You are able to hit the ground running on assignments and tasks with minimal guidance.
- You are able to think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities and be willing to go the extra mile to get work done.
- Everyday you are exposed to confidential information at the highest level of the organization and you need to not only maintain strict confidentiality but you must also use the information you gain to guide and prioritize your work.
Creative Problem Solving:
- You are able to see around corners, proactively anticipate blockers to daily operations and solve for them.
- You understand and prioritize the Executive’s concerns/needs, and recognize causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent.
- You are also able to understand the scope of operation of the VP of People, as well as develop relationships outside your own team to help get work done.
- You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future.
- You are able to deliver high-impact work within set timelines, while also being careful with all types of resources (e.g. money, time, materials etc).
- You understand the complexities of working with senior executives, and are able to navigate them seamlessly; you are unflappable.
- You understand confidentiality, and treat all persons at Andela in a way that encourages mutual respect, equality, diversity and inclusion.
A Deep Commitment to our Mission:
- You demonstrate ability and interest in creating large-scale change and impact.
In addition to the areas above, a great candidate for this role:
- Is a polished professional with two years minimum experience in a support function.
- Is thrilled by the idea and challenge of working in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Is comfortable with self managing.
- Takes satisfaction in a job well done and done on time.
- Is not afraid of hard work.
- Has a strong proficiency with the Google Suite of products (Mail, Calendar, Drive), as well as proficiency in designing, creating, and maintaining spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations
- Has knowledge of Atlassian products and Salesforce (a plus, not mandatory).
- Has very strong attention to detail and is willing to double and triple check their work.
- Understands the complexities of working with people in multiple locations.
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Has very strong logistical management skills
- Is calm and can effectively multi-task, one doesn’t drop the balls
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.