Type: Contract - 3 months
Level: Entry Level Manager
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and Cairo; Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
You are passionate about supporting recruiting functions that build and design systems and processes that increase Andela’s recruitment efficiency. You have a love for finding and supporting unique individuals that, given the right role have the power to change the world. You are excited to represent Andela to a variety of candidates across different levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role within fast-paced, innovative environments, solving key issues that enable the recruiting functions to thrive and aid in empowering Africa’s top engineers.
You are passionate about People and will build our organizational capacity to ensure we are creating a culture in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, you will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela’s operations in Cairo across all functional areas. This includes, benefits administration, HRIS, and training. You are a confident self-starter and a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards.
About the Role:
As Andela engages with the continent’s top technologists, you will play a key role in attracting, sourcing and selecting high calibre technologists across Africa, which includes filling mission critical roles that drives Andela’s growth and impact. You are familiar with a wider range of sourcing and talent attraction techniques, across active sources on social media, databases and Boolean searches, as well as leveraging referrals and internal mobility/applicants. We are looking for someone who understands how to build a pipeline through online sourcing tools, and understands how to quickly engage and progress candidates through the recruitment process. You must be highly organized and capable of prioritising work with little guidance.
Andela is committed to providing our employees an EPIC work experience. From the moment of hire, we want our employees to live our values and culture. You will create strong morale and foster this spirit in the team. You will be skilled in managing compensation, benefits, recognition, training, performance management and employee relations in a manner that retains staff members long-term and builds our brand. We are proud of the diversity in our workforce, and our People and Recruiting Consultant is tasked with ensuring that our company culture welcomes and supports each person in achieving their potential.
- Work with the stakeholders to ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Support the effective implementation of all employee welfare schemes in accordance with local labor laws
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting onboarding in Egypt, including topics such as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- At least 5 years in Technical Talent Acquisition, Recruitment, and Human Resources within an established technology organization
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to identify prospective employees who align to our values
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- You are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work-flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Egyptian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Egypt
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.