The Andela Sales Team is growing quickly and needs a passionate, data-driven Sales Development Manager to lead a pod of SDRs. As manager, you’ll help the team find opportunities for Andela developers to work with high-growth software companies around the world, and specialize in finding and engaging high-quality prospects over phone, voicemail, and email.
Prospecting and outreach at Andela are not conventional for the tech industry— we’re marketing a technical hiring solution (a full-time, remote developer) and asking companies to think differently about how they hire, manage, and evaluate talent. To grow a business like this requires that the SD team employ both a consultative sales strategy as well as data-driven approach to achieving their outbound quota.
We’d love to work with someone who is passionate about both human transformation and challenging industry norms. We know we need someone who understands the realities of a growth company and can be the type of leader who helps employees who have not seen change at this scale. We’re a learning organization at heart, so please be the type of person who is generous with their knowledge and considers him or herself to be a lifelong learner.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in Austin, NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- Coach and mentor a team of outbound SDRs focused on delivering qualified sales meetings to our account executive team
- Immerse yourself in data, driving individuals and our team to meet and exceed KPIs
- Recruit, hire and train additional SDRs to expand our team
- Establish effective sales development strategies that scale as our team grows
- Management experience of 5-10 SDRs in similarly high-growth tech companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success leading a team in a quota-carrying position, or as an individual contributor
- 4+ years of sales or SD work experience—start-up or trained sales experience a plus
In the first 30 days you will:
- Audit the organization and define the resources, communication channels, and support needed to help you and the business succeed
- Identify priorities and/or quick wins that will help our demand generation efforts for the next quarter
In the first 90 days you will:
- Develop a replicable approach to high-volume outreach that incorporates Andela’s uniquely consultative style of sales
- Help produce sales collateral, copy, and enablement materials to optimize for our SDRs’ output efficiency
- Provide structure and collaborative coaching for a growing team of entry-level sales professionals