The VP of Sales Operations directs Andela’s investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to Andela’s go-to-market: marketing, sales and success productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, process optimization, training, program implementation, compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of talent. This individual is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the VP of Sales Operations fosters close working relationships with multiple internal stakeholders
- Designs, implements, and manages forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes at Andela.
- Provides leadership to the Revenue organization, and counsel to the executive team, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the Andela’s goals.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring well defined, efficient sales processes are in place for launch.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of revenue organization productivity. Recommends changes and enhancements to Salesforce.com and other technology sales/marketing platforms.
- Responsible for the optimal mix of sales team members. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and performance management models.
- Works closely with revenue leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities. ·
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives. ·
- Working closely with sales leadership and People, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversee the delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support team members.
- Working with P&C and senior revenue leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Finance and P&C to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or Sales Finance role, plus if scaled team to 100+
- Salesforce expertise. Strong know-how and best practices. Capable of managing a salesforce developer or contractor
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives