Type: Contract - 6 months
Experience: Mid-Level Experience
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
This role is responsible for driving a high-performance culture and disciplinary process amongst Andela staff. This will include definition & execution of policies, strategies, sessions and programmes that makes for an effective Performance Management process at Andela.
- Manage all Staff Performance management matters.
- Devise and implement Staff Performance policies and strategies
- Plan and manage the quarterly, Mid-year and annual performance review cycles
- Manage and execute 360 Degree Feedback Cycles
- Manage the Andela Lagos Competency Framework
- Revise the framework
- Share framework and facilitate sessions on the framework
- Provide learning and guidance to staff on performance management.
- Manage the on-boarding sessions with new hires on Performance Management
- Develop content, conduct presentations and facilitate learning sessions for staff on the performance management process.
- Analyze and report on PM metrics
- Appraisal completion rates
- Employee ratings
- Action plans for those rated below expectation
- Lead Staff Promotion Process
- Coordinate process (calendar, reminders etc.)
- Coordinate mediation process
- Provide timely communication all through the promotion process
- Coordinate the Confirmation Process
- Coordinate Performance Management for Interns
- Manage Performance Improvement Process (PIP) with employees
Staff Compensation Management
- Conduct monthly quality checks on payroll sheet
- Facilitate seamless communication between Finance and People on payroll matters
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Oversee and Review the processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, salary adjustment documentation, referral bonus)
- Facilitate the resolution of payroll-related issues
- Conduct Salary benchmarking and surveys as an input into annual budgeting process or as required
- Advise leadership and hiring managers on salary for newly-created roles
Employee Relations & Disciplinary Process Management
- Disciplinary issues and Inquiries
- Support in managing complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Provide timely and relevant communications with all key stakeholders on the following matters
- Update the Disciplinary Tracker
You are eligible for this role if you:
- Have a BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field.
- Have 3 years experience or more in Core Human Resource Management.
- Have experience in Performance, Payroll and Disciplinary Issues Management
- Have excellent Microsoft Excel and reporting abilities.
- Are trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Have outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have good problem-solving abilities
- Have great team management skills
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.