Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela is seeking an IT Operations associate with core competencies in IT Systems and infrastructure support and is a “world class” technologist.
On this job you will:
- You will provide support for all IT centric systems; managing, monitoring, tracking, reporting and resolving any issues that might come up during the day to day operation of each system.
- You will resolve tickets assigned to you on the service desk keeping to strict SLAs as defined.
- You will serve as a first point of contact for all IT related issues and escalate to the appropriate levels.
- You will liaise with and support other departments to provide all technology solutions that they might need to fulfil daily tasks.
- You will serve as liaison to third parties to resolve IT issues within the company.
- You will monitor and effect all IT policies and strategies defined by the organisation.
- Be proactive in communicating within and without the department ensuring information transparency.
- You will on occasion work outside regular work hours (work hours are 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM).
- You would on occasion provide remote support to users across different time zones.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to troubleshoot IT networks and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Experience in supporting a fairly large user base with working knowledge of MacBooks as an added advantage.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated knowledge of core IT concepts including TCP/IP, DNS, operating system maintenance, computer hardware troubleshooting, peripheral troubleshooting/repairs.
- At least 3 years in IT support with end user support experience.
Your personality reflects that:
- You are passionate about IT.
- You are driven and will not let challenges go unsolved.
- You understand how IT systems play a major role in an organisation’s growth.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.