Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is building a movement to advance human potential by powering today's teams and investing in tomorrow's leaders. As part of its mandate, Andela has launched several level up projects in a bid to provide a free learning platform for African Tech-enthusiasts to become proficient with software development.
As a volunteer learning facilitator you will be driving and facilitating learning for Learners in key technologies and programming logic and team skills. The volunteer learning facilitator at Andela will be an essential part of Andela’s Talent team strategy.This is a critical role at Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. S/he would report to the Community Manager- Technical Talent, work with Bootcamp Facilitators and Talent Sourcing Data Analyst to set objectives, priorities, and implement and monitor execution..
The volunteer learning facilitator holds responsibility for:
- Facilitating learning for the community members using Andela Homestudy Curriculum.
- Ensuring that learners develop technical and team skills in alignment with Andela’s developer framework.
- Tracking and managing learners learning velocity by ensuring that they complete their assessments on time and to a certain quality as guided by Andela principles.
- Identifying learners who are fit for Andela fellowship after a certain period as guided by Andela hiring plan.
- Collaborating with the curriculum team to provide insight into how our learning resources are being used and how they could better support the learning of community members.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Mentor and coach at least 50 aspiring software developers and have at least 8 make it into the Andela fellowship.
- Run weekly simulated software development sprints
- Deliver actionable feedback and watch people improve based on your input
- Continuously level up your own skills and grow with/into the organization
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Professional Software Development (ex: Web development in JS, Python, Ruby, etc. or Mobile Development in Android or iOS)
- Instructional Design in Computer Programming or Software
- Relational/Business/People Skills Training
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering/Development
EPIC Values Alignment
- Ability to work remotely and support learners in a distributed environment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- Be computer proficient (Microsoft Office/Google Docs, Internet and Email a must)
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and improve on the actions for optimal results.
- You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through.
- Resolving any arising problems and complaints
Benefits & Compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.