Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
As Andela’s Manager of Expansion Strategy, you will play a vital role in implementing Andela’s growth strategy through public and private partnerships as well as increasing the efficacy of Andela country office operations. Partnerships will be established with government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs, foundations, and private entities including other technology firms that are focused on skills development and youth employment across the African continent. Country operations will be supported through cross-functional work that address binding growth constraints through relationship management in Abuja and project management in Lagos. These partnerships will either extend our ability to drive growth and impact or reduce the financial upfront investment required by Andela in new markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You understand that it will take a creative approach to build the growth pipeline necessary to accelerate Andela’s impact. You will have a breadth of established relationships with public sector stakeholders in Abuja. You are experienced in writing grant proposals, in managing a portfolio of funding opportunities - from inception to closing, to overseeing and conducting all communications with high level stakeholders who are critical to establishing partnerships in both the public and private sector.
You understand effectively scaling impact will require cross departmental, cross-cultural mindset and close collaboration with our leadership teams to drive success and resolve pain points. You bring more than passion to your work: you are a world-class manager with exceptional operational expertise and demonstrated strong leadership skills. You have a strong curiosity, independence, flexibility, and enthusiasm.
The Expansion Strategy Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with and reporting to Director of Expansion Strategy to advance partnership opportunities and execute strategies for engaging governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in relevant countries.
- Working with the Country Director in Nigeria on operational barriers, opportunities and solutions as they relate to public sector stakeholder management.
- Executing strategies for engaging with governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in new and existing countries to accelerate growth in existing Andela country offices and new potential Andela country offices.
- Identifying operational bottlenecks that can be resolved through effective external stakeholder management, especially as it relates to the public sector.
- Writing compelling proposals for Andela to partner with governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in new and existing Andela countries.
- Developing budgets for both potential public and private partnerships around Andela operations.
- Maintaining relationships with governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in order to grow Andela’s ability to expand to and grow in selected countries.
- Identifying and creating opportunities for Andela to raise awareness of its impact and investment proposition with key governments, bilateral and multilateral organisations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies at meetings and/or conferences.
- 10+ years experience in related field or environment developing and driving public and private partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to support business operations in a high-growth organization.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully acquire funds through grant proposal writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale impact driven initiatives.
- Self-driven and able to work independently yet collaboratively with a remote and distributed team.
- Ability to frequently travel internationally.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.