Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join the Global People Operations Team for our growing workforce. Reporting to the People Operations Manager, the People Operations Coordinator will provide support to our teams focused on hiring, growing, and keeping great people. The People Operations Coordinator will contribute across all of the phases of the employee lifecycle, including: onboarding, employee engagement, data integrity, reporting, HR processes, internal communications, compliance, performance management, etc. Must be extremely solutions-driven, detail-oriented, mission-aligned, and excited to work in a startup environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Support HR systems, processes, and administration for a workforce that will scale to thousands of employees across multiple locations
- HRIS Administration support
- Data Reporting
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener
- Project Management
- 3-4 years professional experience in an operational role; ideally 1-2 years in HR
- Strong communication skills - able to quickly communicate complex concepts in easy to understand terms
- Previous experience and success handling confidential data
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects, programs and deadlines simultaneously
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to continuous change
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Strong Project Management skills
- Plus, but not required
- Previous experience with BambooHR or other HRIS administration
- Previous experience administering an Operational Help Desk
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, Lunch and snacks provided at the office daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.