Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
As Technical Team Coordinator (TTC) you will be responsible for overseeing developers who are leveling up on the Technical Team Lead role on internal Andela engagements. The internal TTL role is intended to provide opportunities for our developers to lead teams while they continue their journey to becoming world class technology leaders. You will ensure the TTL developers are getting practical experience and have a chance to support the growth of developers who are not currently placed as embedded developers on global engineering teams.
With your knowledge of technology and agile project management, you will collaborate with the Product team and keep abreast of the products the developers will be assigned. You will be accountable for the processes that ensure engineering quality, developer performance/progression and team onboarding/offboarding, meet expectations as overseen by the TTLs you manage.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Report and be accountable to the Bench Manager.
- Work closely with the Product team to implement and manage the TTLs overseeing bench developer code quality, performance and progression.
- Report and be accountable to stakeholders on the status of the engineering quality of the products bench developers are assigned. .
- Work closely with Staffing and Product Manager on staffing needs for TTLs and developers given stack and skills mix.
- To coordinate mentorship for TTL’s who may need help to ensure the products they are building meet the program goals.
- Ensure successful and consistent execution of onboarding/offboarding processes of TTLs and developers.
- Weekly oversight of TTLs, to ensure:
- Product quality (ex: code reviews, PR submissions) meet program goals
- Compliance and quality of performance rating SLA’s for developers are enforced
- Vacation and performance management SLAs are honored
- Ensure bench developer action-plans and performance improvement processes are well executed by the TTLs.
- Coordinate leave management for developers in their teams.
- Have successfully experienced leading a software development team.
- Knowledge of one of more of the following stacks:.
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails,
- iOS/Objective C,
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in software product management, software development or technology consulting
- Have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Have experience effectively managing remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.