Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About the Role
HR business partner will act as a point of contact for all employees and managers in supporting them in achieving their business goals. Providing instant and immediate feedback for all HR Process, procedures and initiatives. He/she will form a close liaison with the business leaders to deliver customized and forward-looking solutions, programs and policies to tackle issues faced by the Andela.HR business partner will also be the drivers of performance improvement and change management projects. They will act as key advisors to the Andela leadership team to influence positive change in the business environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setting challenging HR goals and objectives with close cooperation with both the employees and managers.
- Selling HR projects and initiatives to both employees and managers and getting their buy in.
- Acting as project manager for large cross functional change management projects.
- Work closely with managers to effectively address performance gaps.
- Using extensive skills, knowledge and business acumen to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and strategic workforce planning, talent analytics and management, ensuring fairness and consistency runs throughout
- Partner with the Business Function Head to develop and drive plans that optimize talent, structure, process, culture and engagement and wider program initiatives.
- Work with Country Leadership and senior managers to effectively diagnose organizational issues and partner to solve them.
- Organize and advise managers throughout compensation process; participate in appropriate compensation and benchmarking surveys and studies.
- Sharing knowledge and insights with the wider HR community to help shape best practise and ensure business goals are in line with firm-wide strategy
- Nurturing, coaching and mentoring team members and the wider HR team.
- A HR Degree or a Business related degree from a reputable University.
- Must be a Registered Member with IHRM with a valid practising certificate.
- CIPD qualification, ongoing or complete would be an added advantage
- 5 years + HR Generalist experience and a good understanding of all aspects of HR Management including talent management, performance management , succession planning and resourcing.
- Experience in working with a HR database Eg Bamboo HR would be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws and best practices.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.