Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
This position exists to ensure the timely preparation of monthly accounts and ensure the timely completion and accurate recognition of expenses. In addition to this, the role spearheads the timely payment of suppliers, statutory deductions and filing of statutory returns. This position reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Manage the accounts payable function by ensuring timely posting of invoices and payment of suppliers;
- Manage the accounts receivable process including billing and debt collection;
- Manage the treasury function by updating the weekly bank positions and payment plans and ensuring the bank accounts are adequately funded;
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts;
- Post all transactions to the general ledger including petty cash, bills, payments and month-end journals;
- Assist in the month end close process by preparing schedules and reconciliations of all general ledger accounts;
- Perform monthly reconciliations of intercompany transactions;
- Assist in payroll preparation; and
- Assist during both internal and external audits.
- University degree plus ICPAR/ACCA/CPA qualification;
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role;
- A minimum of 2 years of audit experience will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in ERP software;
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools;
- Sound knowledge of Rwandan tax law;
- Have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Have a proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.