Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The People Team needs an Operations Manager to assist in the building of efficient HR systems and processes to improve the customer experience.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Consult with the People director to create a comprehensive people operations procedures and protocols to influence lasting change and culture in Andela.
- Provide HR support and consultation to the business, answering employee questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations. Anticipate and address needs before they are raised by our employees.
- Partner with the Engineering team and other key constituents to translate the current people operations team’s requirements into cutting-edge product enhancements or entirely new applications.
- Drive operational requirements for tools, systems, and processes across multiple integrated People processes.
- Architect, develop and automate data and analytics solutions. Build and prototype dashboards iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights, and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking.
- Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Drive the identification, assessment and execution of ongoing process and improvement opportunities in terms of People Analytics, Policies, SOC 2 compliance, People Workflow etc.
- Manage the escalations and management of incidents as they move up through the Disciplinary management process.
People Policies, Procedures and Process:
- Implement operational policies, which are consistent with good practices, and conform to the Rwanda Statutory requirements and Labour Laws
- Participate in organizational policy review process and making recommendations as appropriate
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff,
- Tracking, enforcing and ensuring adherence of the policies and procedures
- Manage Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
- Proficient in using a HRIS & Overseeing Payroll administration.
- Maintaining a database of potential employees
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Partner with the HR Administration and Payroll teams to ensure end to end completion of document processing i.e. document generation, employee files, payroll etc. that are generated throughout the employee life cycle
- Successfully manage progress and track key HR Operations department milestones, deliverables and metrics
- Provide useful and accurate staff data for job evaluation process and reward models
- Assist with the development and implementation of performance review processes for all staff
- To liaise with company lawyers on all legal issues relating to staff
- To manage exits & separation process
- To develop & review Employee Relations policies in line with best practice & legal requirement
- To report on turnover analysis, disciplinary cases analysis & other employee relations trends
- To facilitate building of managerial capacity of management staff on employee relations and coaching of managers to handle disciplinary issues.
- To manage disciplinary/grievances as per policy, labor & government regulations
- To communicate recommendations on disciplinary action to be taken
- To facilitate building of managerial capacity of management staff on employee relations in conjunction with L & D.
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaborate with teammates to solve People organizational problems and empower Andela with high quality people data.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team and complete 360, Mid-year and Annual reviews in a timely manner per People Team’s schedule.
Education & Experience
- First Degree (HR, Humanities and Business Courses preferred). Has a degree from an accredited College or University. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 5 Years experience in Human Resources
- Experience/knowledge of the latest, most prominent continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- Exceptional ability to harness the power of analytics to make effective decisions
- Keen ability to proactively address potential process issues
- Experience/knowledge of the latest HRIS capabilities and functions, and practical applications within the organization
- Deeply understands the user perceptions and end-use efficacy of HR information systems
- Adroitly communicates complex HRIS information in simple, usable terms
- Keen ability to coach and mentor others, particularly in other parts of HR and other functions entirely, about issues salient to HR
- Independent worker. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Has excellent critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Pays great attention to details.
- Is personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Has strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information.
- Has strong analytical skills.
- Shows commitment to the mission and values of Andela.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.