Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
The Onboarding Facilitator is a bundle of energy, emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity. They are responsible for building and executing an immersive and transformative team skills experience for new Andelans as they join us and at various stages of their Andela journey to global transformation.
This individual just cannot contain their desire for the world to be a better place through human transformation. They continuously seek ways to encourage people to own their transformation for the good of the world.
They speak with passion and detail, they listen with focus and empathy. They have a knack for enabling others to see the value in being part of something bigger.
They are exceptional at professional writing and public speaking. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed your own standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Facilitate team skills learning for Andela Fellows at different stages of the Fellowship
- Run daily mentally and spiritually stimulating activities for new Andelans to find their sense of purpose within Andela
- Design learning programs and quickly iterate on the outcomes of the learning experience
- Be vocal about the behavioral proponents of the Andela values
- Foster an environment where new Andelans can safely make a lasting transition from local cultures and beliefs to Andela’s cultures and beliefs
Qualifications and Characteristics
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- are always thinking about the impact of your efforts particularly in relation to content, the learner and the business.
- can communicate impact according to business value
- successfully worked in a cultural onboarding capacity or as an improv teacher/instructor/facilitator, receiving multiple recognitions for your team work, and your continuous demonstrations of leadership.
- (with and without a team) have built onboarding and team building materials along with data tracking tools.
- are adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- seek to build an Africa where excellence, passion, integrity, and collaboration are the norm.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.