Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, a strong entrepreneurial spirit and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
You are passionate about connecting a broad range of candidates to the role of their dreams. You thrive when hiring and innovating recruiting processes to hire across a broad range of technical and business disciplines. You have an intuitive sense of role alignment and a data-driven instinct for building scalable recruitment processes. You also understand the importance of recruiting best practices, candidate experience, project/program management and the service-based approach needed to be an excellent recruiter, and are ambitious enough to be Andela Kigali's primary recruiter for Staff hiring.
- Drive the growth of Andela’s Kigali site - leading the recruitment efforts across various departments;
- Partner with other Country/Department Leads/Recruiting members globally to share best practices and support the evolution of Andela’s world-class Recruiting team;
- Test and implement Andela’s channel sourcing strategy and execution for engaging and attracting Africa’s top technologists and other non-technical profiles;
- Utilize, provide feedback on, and improve templates, communications strategies, systems, and processes that enable the speedy, efficient and quality delivery of high quality technologists into Andela Kigali;
- Hire key Kigali positions and scale a Recruiting team to meet the growing needs of Andela’s newest country.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role should:
- Have the ambition to be Andela Kigali’s primary recruiting lead and drive the site’s hiring;
- Have a combination of a service-oriented and data-driven approach;
- Have in-house or recruitment agency full-lifecycle recruiting experience;
- Be familiar with ATS/CRM systems, Spreadsheets (ideally Google Suite);
- Be well versed in active sourcing (through social media and Boolean);
- Have curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top candidates from across Rwanda and neighboring sites;
- Be motivated to relentlessly and consistently engage and follow-up with prospective candidates and referrers;
- Have experience leading and scaling recruiting teams;
- Be passionate about mentorship/development of junior colleagues;
- Have clarity when describing Andela's business model and value-add to technical and lay audience;
- Be creative in expanding the ecosystem for sourcing top talent for Andela;
- Be an adaptable self-starter and able to work independently with some ambiguity and develop process and structure as needed.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.