Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The operations associate must understand the company's mission, should posses strong data analysis skills.They should be professional, motivated, organized, courteous and reliable. They must also have a keen eye for process improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data organization and analysis
- Clean and organize raw data into usable formats.
- Craft dashboards for the department to be able to seamlessly and simply view, interpret, and make decisions based on historical data and emerging trends.
- Drive the production and distributions of weekly, monthly and quarterly operations reports/dashboards and communicate to supervisor.
- Keep track of all cost consumption areas e.g stationery
- Observe trends and report on usage and ways to make things better e.g space usage, meeting rooms usage,etc
- Support process documentation, process creation and process automation
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Meals and kitchen support
- Gather feedback on meals; quantities, quality from kitchen staff and any issues arising.
- Liaise with the Kitchen stores and beverage by keeping track of their needs and supporting their requirements.
- Gather meals requests and share them with the kitchen staff.
- Transport Management
- Update transport usage and trends on a monthly basis on the Cost trackers and review usage per department per month
- Manage monthly invoicing and costs breakdown for each department.
- Workspace management
- Identify, communicate and share the space needs based on expected fellows and hires with facilities department.
- Ensure that meeting spaces are used efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms have the adequate resources as per the space.
- Work tool Support
- Monitor the allocation trend and report it to help plan for the projection needs.
- Customer Service
- Sending relevant comm’s/updates to the Andela employees .
- Exemplifying customer service traits to Andela employees this includes’ patience, understanding the needs of the employees and addressing them timely, responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Departmental Support
- Set up for departmental events
- Creating event budgets(upon request)
- Meal support during events, meetings
- Carry out workspace allocation for their teams
- And carry out other duties assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Two years of professional work experience preferably within operations.
- Creator of easily digestible dashboards and reports.
- Automation and standardisation of processes.
- Superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated prior experience with data in an operations environment.
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related fields
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.