Andela is dedicated to advancing human potential by powering today’s teams and investing in tomorrow’s leaders. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in Austin, Kampala, Kigali, Lagos, Nairobi, New York City and San Francisco, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
The overall purpose of this role is to assist the operations department improve their efficiency of service delivery within the various departments through active monitoring of operations and making recommendations for enhancing business processes. The successful candidate will also work closely with the wider Andela teams to identify opportunities to help increase efficiency and cost saving through conducting research, investigating workflows and providing detailed reports on the same.
- Perform daily and weekly electronic reconciliation of records and stats
- Improving workflow in operations by undertaking regular audits, research and surveys in the various departments to help improve service delivery
- Recommending future modifications for new product features
- Assessing market environment
- Developing standard processes and procedures and updating the same regularly
- Communicating operational achievements using charts, graphs and data
- Automating reporting and tracking structures
- Leading projects and evaluating data
- Performing statistical analysis
- Deliver monthly reports to management on industry trends and how to maximize those trends by adjusting company procedures
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Professional certification in Statistics, Data Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations, or Business.
- 7 years experience in a similar position.
- Capable of accurately making critically important decisions with little information and time.
- High-level analytic and computer skills
- Multitasking skills, including the ability to
- Keen on operational excellence and process improvements to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Prior experience working a section in a busy environment.
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- Aptitude for math and statistics
- Problem solving and investigative skills
- Programming and developing software
- Database administration
- People skills
- Self motivated and dependable
- Project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Adaptable and proactive
- Respectful and professional
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.