Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is seeking a Director for its Technical Leadership Program who will lead the team responsible for transforming high-potential engineering recruits into developers capable of delighting Andela's partners with world-class remote software delivery.
The Director of the Technical Leadership Program will oversee the People, Processes, and Technology that will support the efficient, effective training of over 1,000 new full-time software developers across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.
This position requires someone with a high standard of operational excellence, extraordinary people management, and a thoughtful approach on how to design software development environments that produce world-class technologists. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with an engineering or product background as well as experience in operations.
As Director of the Technical Leadership Program you will manage a quickly growing team of 30+. You will hold responsibility for setting the vision, defining the business requirements, and guiding the team’s performance to achieve ambitious business goals to prepare thousands of rising African technologists to drive value for top global tech companies.
- You will own the achievement of business goals for the quantity, quality, technology stack mix, and cost efficiency of Andela’s customer-ready software developers
- You will build and manage the strategy to discover, select, and implement the technology tools and external partnerships required to build efficient and scalable talent development programs
- You will guide internal service providers ranging from curriculum to analytics to ensure an optimal learning experience for Andela's developers
- You will set and create accountability around the team strategy, roadmap and KPI’s
- You will design, hire, and retain a world-class team able to meet the organizations goals at scale
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- A thirst for operational excellence and a passion for building high performing teams
- A concrete point of view and an open mind about what attributes make for a maximally supportive software development learning environment
- Integrity in giving feedback to team members
- Collaboration demonstrated through iterating management processes based on feedback from colleagues
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
EPIC Values Alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things incredibly fast
- Persistently acting in alignment with Andela's EPIC Values
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.