Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the position:
As Andela’s global VP of People you will play a vital role in leading the next phase of the company’s growth.
We are seeking a talented and energetic leader who is yearning for an opportunity to shape the most fundamental objective of our organization – growing and nurturing people across the globe. Andela is a place where value-driven leaders are able to perform at their best and are fulfilled both professionally and personally. Nothing is more important than ensuring that this remains the case as we scale.
- Serve as a strategic partner and influential contributor to the executive team;
- Regularly review global HR policies and practices, recommend improvements and ensure they are compliant, fair, and reasonable for each region;
- Successfully implement strategic and innovative human capital solutions and systems supporting global business growth and transformation across departments and countries;
- Help to build and lead a distributed global organization to continue delivering best-in-class people operations – including recruiting and retention, on-boarding, performance management, learning and development, orientation, and training – to ensure our values and norms grow with the team. Ability to drive change from both direct and dotted line reporting relationships; and
- Drive Andela’s approach to people development, including rewarding and growing their high standards of performance while ensuring their leaders have the right tools to nurture their teams.
- 10+ years of management experience in employee and leadership development, employee relations, HR operations, and compliance at high-growth technology and professional services organizations;
- Strong preference for experience at both large and small organizations;
- 5+ years in a Global / International HR Management role;
- Hands-on leader who has demonstrated the ability to attract, build and scale a highly motivated and talented HR team in a high growth environment that will work as valued business partner to other departments;
- Demonstrated ability to implement and efficiently scale a global recruiting process;
- Track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives, and successfully scaling a compelling company culture;
- Strong program/project management orientation to develop streamlined human resources programs and processes;
- Deep appreciation for the importance of team design and people alignment; and
- Global travel required 25%+ of the time.
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growing environment;
- Proven ability to work seamlessly across multiple countries and cultures;
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun;
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character;
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality and a willingness to go the extra mile; and
- Strong connection with Andela’s mission and vision.