Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role:
Andela is looking to hire an in-house, full-cycle recruiter to join our NYC office. We’ve recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,000 employees worldwide, and plan to reach double that size by of 2020—the People department’s Recruiting team will drive much of that growth. Of course, we care about growth in both the quantity and quality of our employees, so our recruiters’ success is measured not just by their time-to-hire and headcount filled, but also by pass-through rate, EPIC values alignment, and other more qualitative metrics. In the US office, most of the hiring needs are for Andela’s demand-side teams—the Sales, Marketing, Data, Finance, and Product teams.
While you will work most heavily with hiring managers and interviewers in our US office, your colleagues on the Recruiting and greater People team are distributed globally across our offices in Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala. This opportunity is ideal for recruiters in the tech and start-up space who want to level-up their international exposure and work at a mission-driven, fast-paced, for-profit business.
As a recruiter, you must obviously be highly empathetic, understand how to match talent to the most relevant opportunities, and assess candidates’ skills, weaknesses, and potential for growth. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work closely with multiple stakeholders, and manage a high volume of open headcount at once.
- Sourcing and Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent across Sales, Marketing, Data, Finance, and Product teams.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, interview panel coordination, through to offer and close.
- Candidate Management: Advise and guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database and accurately tag and organize talent within our CRM. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Andelans’ social and professional networks. Develop and coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Andela brand both online and in-person.
- 2+ years of experience in high-volume sales recruitment experience is ideal, especially for SaaS sales organizations
- Experience actively sourcing talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Github, Angelist, and others)
- Strong talent network and understanding of sales and tech talent
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective employees.
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with and selling others
- Understanding of how to best use different technology to reach prospective applicants.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Domestic and global travel opportunities
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.