Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela learning community invests in aspiring technologists across Africa with an enabling environment for everyone to become world-class problem solvers.
About the Talent Partnerships Manager Role
You will be responsible for leading, growing, and maintaining Andela’s talent partnerships programs and initiatives internally and externally (Andela learning community). This is aimed at scaling our learning programs and reaching our goal of supporting 1,000,000 aspiring developers on the continent by 2024.
- Strategic Partnerships Management: You are responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships among global and local business partners while also developing strategies to increase value to Andela’s bottom line.
- Program Management: You are a strong program manager, you are able to provide a holistic approach to program design. You are someone who can lead change management, knows how to connect the dots and tie multiple work streams to a common goal. You pay attention to detail.
- Leadership and a High-performance Culture: You are a people-person, you deeply care about the team’s career growth plan. You are a visionary, a 360-degree leader, highly effective people manager and extremely passionate about investing in your team, coaching others and maintaining a high-performance culture.
- Strategy and innovation: You are able to see the big picture at all touch points and you know how to clearly prioritize and map out concrete steps for the team to execute - i.e the future opportunities and challenges -- mobilize Andelans internally while externally also mobilizing partners and volunteers to address these far in advance. Your ingenuity and problem-solving mastery helps the team you will be leading identify ways to attract, identify, and empower aspiring African technologists. You are an innovator at heart - never satisfied with the status quo. You thrive in an environment that sees innovation and creativity as a powerful tool for extraordinary global impact.
- Driving Business Changes: You are business minded. You are someone that understands the Andela learning community’s mission, it’s needs and enablers. The ethos is operational excellence -- tracking, measuring and optimizing Andela’s business goals and outcomes are your bread and butter.
- Passion for a Learning Organization and Contributing to the African Developer Ecosystem: You are innately driven to empower aspiring technologists across Africa -- accelerating learning at scale by leveraging internal partnerships as well as with top global tech & non-tech companies. You believe technology is a powerful tool for change and are an effective, proactive orator/thought leader in tech communities across Africa.
- Manage, coach and mentor a strong high-performing team.
- Collaborate closely with the Talent Development pre-fellowship department and other key stakeholders to crystallize our iterative vision, needs and opportunities, this is why Talent Partnerships is super critical to Andela as a business.
- Lead, manage and work closely with the team to add levers to the ALC 5 year roadmap - 1,000,000 Africans while strongly linking this mandate to Andela’s bottom-line.
- Build and maintain relationships with our partners, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors at all levels in our programs.
- Work closely with the expansion team, Country Directors, Director and VP of Talent Development on global strategic initiatives.
- Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
As the ideal candidates for this role you should have:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant managerial experience and strong leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of the Africa Developer Ecosystem will be a plus (other notable community experience will be accepted).
- Understanding how to leverage technology and build scalable systems, programs, and a team without compromising quality.
- Experience building, maintaining and finding partnership opportunities
- Have outstanding written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and organization.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided at the office daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.