Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Software Development Lead Facilitator role:
Do you have the potential, skills, and desire to become one of the top 10% Technology Leaders in the world?
At Andela, we believe that Technology Leaders are defined by their ability to model, capture, and transfer the mindset and best practices of their craft to any technology professional from entry level developers to senior software engineers.
In this role you will nurture that expertise by daily investing in the next generation of African technology leaders to gain the skills needed to be globally employable software developers.
- Drive teams of software developers (junior and senior) to rapidly develop great software products
- Inspire and Mentor aspiring Software Developers and Software Development Learning Facilitators
- Support the learning and professional development of dozens of Africa's most talented software developers every day
- Deliver actionable feedback and support multiple learners to grow significantly
- Drive creative solutions that improve the standard of our software products and learning programs
- Model Technical Leadership that other Facilitators can look up to and learn from
- Take ownership of our vision and help us innovate, grow, and thrive as a department and an organization
- Collaboratively and passionately deliver excellent work with integrity everyday
- Continuously level up your own skills and grow with the organization
The ideal candidate for the role MUST have experience with the following:
- Minimum 4 years working experience (or equivalent experience with multiple professional software development product teams) in Full-stack Software Development
- JS (Node/Angular/Meteor/React)
- Python (Flask/Django)
- Ruby (Rails)
- PHP (Laravel, Lumen etc)
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools
- SCRUM/Kanban/Extreme Programming
- Trello/Pivotal Tracker/Zenhub
- Version Control (Github/Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration
- Leading teams to build and deploy Professional Software Products
- Relational/Business/People/Soft Skills experience
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast whilst delivering value on it simultaneously
Other desirable skills that would be nice for an ideal candidate to have experience in include:
- Curriculum design
- Program development
- Setup Workshops, Bootcamps, Developer Groups or Forums
- Facilitated learning in a structured learning environment
- Mentored or coached upcoming developers in a structured or unstructured setting
- Spoke at Tech Forums or workshops
- Software Development Instructional Design
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.