Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Product Designer role
The Product Designer is an expert practitioner in Design that the rest of our organization looks up to for thought leadership in design.
This individual possesses a strong sixth sense for functional and aesthetic design. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
They are always looking for ways to analyze and improve existing designs of things around them. They continuously seek ways to improve the design thinking of people around them.
The Product Designer is seeking to build global technology leaders through building transformative products that allow for seamless yet meaningful interactions between humans and machines.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Build and deliver high fidelity designs (UI and UX) for Learning products
- Transfer design expertise to a growing group of apprentices
- Actively contribute to the design curriculum
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- have successfully worked as a designer in a variety of environments including software development, using the latest practices and tools.
- (with and without a team) have built jaw-dropping mockups and prototypes that energize users’ requirements functionally while giving them life aesthetically.
- believe that the world could be further transformed into a more pleasant place when humans and machines can interact more seamlessly through well-designed interfaces.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.