Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the role
The Operations Coordinator will work as part of the Operations team to review and continually improve standard of service offered by the Operations team. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable with multitasking, adaptable to a fast paced organisation. He/she is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and would be required to leverage on his/her existing network in providing service to Andela.
The position is full-time based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Key Attributes of the role include:
- Clear bias for problem solving, data analysis and creating insights from data. You will be expected to clearly define the problem, evaluate multiple paths to solution and select best option.
- You are comfortable with leading multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and you take ownership of deliverables.
- Excellent data management, system development and maintenance, identification and promotion of data driven approach for resolution of operational bottleneck.
- Team player with keen and demonstrated interest in mentorship and coaching of junior team members.
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and excellence-oriented mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to simplify information.
- Liaise with other departments to successfully complete tasks and projects.
- Superb information organisation and management in an easily-located and reusable manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Process Improvement
- Work with Operations manager to evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements and suggest improvements to current processes.
- Support the building and maintenance of scalable systems, using data analysis to remove bottlenecks.
- Drive automation of processes, support documentation of existing processes and creation of new processes where gaps are identified
- Data Sourcing and Analysis
- Analyse surveys, distill and present information from the surveys to aid decision making.
- Keep an accurate track of workspace utilization and use same to advise real estate team on workspace needs.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with different stakeholders and generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Project Management
- Develop project plans, oversee project execution and monitor performance.
- Provide oversight function for tasks assigned to Administrative assistants and/or Operations interns.
- Budget planning and Policy formation
- Work alongside the Operations Associate, with the guidance of the Operations manager in planning budget for the department.
- Evaluate existing policies for gaps and draft policies to meet identified gaps.
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 3-5 years experience in operations and/or logistics in a fast paced company.
- Strong analytical and detail oriented mindset.
- Critical thinker and problem solver, adept at planning, organizing and project management.
- Proficiency with business apps such as Google Apps.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.