Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
The Talent Operations Intern at Andela will be part of the talent team. This is a critical role at Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. He/she would report to the Community Manager- Technical Talent, work with Bootcamp Facilitators and Talent Sourcing Data Analyst to set objectives, priorities, and implement and monitor execution..
The Talent Operations Intern holds responsibility for building and constantly improving systems to organizing and coordinating all talent events, interviews and bootcamps and to drive a seamless operational experience for Andela’s emerging Distributed Learning Community. S/he will ensure that talent team is successful at selecting the top developers who define what it means to be limitless. S/he is passionate about Andela’s mission, technology, and is able to remain flexible to help meet growing and changing needs of a startup.
Specific Key Responsibilities
Pre-Fellowship Learning Operations
- Assist in organizing high-impact events, activities, interviews and bootcamp that help us track the learning accomplishments and learning velocity of aspiring technology leaders
- Providing world-class customer service throughout the recruiting process.
Tracking and Data-driven decision making
- Define and collect critical data. Ensure information from all core activities is captured in repeatable reports and shared with the right audiences.
- Support the implementation of systems and process changes to create efficiencies in data collection, reporting, analysis and process optimization.
- Developing, review and implement creative bootcamp strategies and methods to select fellows.
- Drive the implementation of systems and process changes to create efficiencies in data collection, reporting, analysis and process optimization.
Outreach and advocacy
- Maintains relationships and a current and accurate database of referrals and networks
- Organize and/or participate in community events to engage with developer communities
- Working with the Data Analyst, analyse recruitment trends to optimize outreach and recruitment channels
Key Attributes of the role include:
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and improve on the actions for optimal results.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and excellence-oriented mindset.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Resolving any arising problems and complaints
- Liaise with other departments to successfully complete tasks and projects
- Strategically plan and execute talent events and cycle
- You are very analytical, and can create insights from analyzing sets of data
Qualifications and Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should:
- Have a BSc from an accredited University
- Have at least 2 years working experience as a Logistics Coordinator or Event Planner.
- Be comfortable with organizing and coordinating large number of external and internal stakeholders
- Work well under pressure
- Be a self-starter, be proactive and take initiatives
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be organized, efficient and proficient at multitasking
- Be computer proficient (Microsoft Office/Google Docs, Internet and Email a must)
- Have top-notch organization skills
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.