Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
The Role of the Operations Manager is to plan, direct and coordinate the company’s operations functions in Kenya. The individual will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness through the implementation of effective methods and strategies across all fronts in the Operations department and the business as a whole. The position reports to the Director of Operations, Kenya.
- Support and ensure operational excellence and service to all departments within the company
- Effective reporting and management of service Level Agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) through dashboards and operational reports and trackers.
- Leading and managing internal projects and ensuring successful completion and delivery of business objectives
- Develop internal control systems to determine if processes/systems are delivering results effectively and efficiently towards a service oriented operations model and addressing any risks and performance gaps
- Manage and optimize cost saving models and controls
- Assess new and ongoing work requirements to ensure that both partner and back-office teams have the support required to delivery effectively on their objectives
- Create Global Operations Alignment with offices in Lagos, Nairobi and NYC based on overall strategy and prioritization
Skills & Competencies
- Make it happen with passion attitude whilst developing and empowering those supporting you
- Customer focussed – highly experienced with customer exposure
- Cost Management and service reporting experience.
- Decisive and able to influence others for cooperation
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to Manage Time and Workload Effectively
- Strong Attention to Detail
- 3-4 years in operations management
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field would be ideal.
- Worked in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Has experience in setting up new operations from scratch
- Worked in a company with ISO or equivalent global standards is preferred
- PMO/PMI and Six Sigma certification desirable
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.