Andela is dedicated to advancing human potential by powering today’s teams and investing in tomorrow’s leaders. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andela is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join the Technology Department as we build out and execute Andela’s product roadmap, and contribute to the continuing growth of our team of African technology leaders. In particular, this Product Manager would be focused on solutions that support our learning management and tracking needs.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Collaborate closely with the Learning Department and other key stakeholders to understand the vision, needs and problems that must be solved in order to effectively scale our learning efforts and programs.
- Manage the product roadmap of one or more solutions that enable us to track, measure and optimize learning.
- Communicate product direction to all relevant team members
- Maintain requirements documents and other assets that articulate Andela’s user needs
- Oversee project execution from inception to delivery
Ideal Qualifications and Characteristics:
- A clear passion for Product Management, Project Management and Learning
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Effective communicator with strong written and oral skills
- Obsessively organized and detail oriented
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital product and project management and at a software company
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Have a bachelor’s degree
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.