Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The R&D Coordinator will be responsible for testing and generating recommendations for improvements to learning programs for aspiring Andelan’s to ensure high-quality learning and effective allocation of resources. The role is process-oriented, data-driven, and highly collaborative. The R&D coordinator will play a key role in holding the team accountable to use data and experimentation to make informed business decisions regarding iterations and scaling.
You are someone who believes in the power of numbers and experimentation to achieve bite-sized and moon-shot goals. You are excited by creating new ways to operate, you are addicted to testing new things, you’re willing to fail fast, and committed to always improving yourself and the work of your team.
You understand the need for data. You know what data is important, why it is important, and how to make recommendations with it. You are passionate about scaling learning programs and initiatives to support thousands of aspiring technologists throughout Africa. You are the in-house “translator” of numbers to business, partnering with our data team and programs team to initiate large- and small-scale business changes.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Research Project Management: Coordinate and align research and testing efforts across our distributed learning programs, allowing us to support tens of thousands of aspiring technologists
- Building an Experimentation Culture: Build a team-wide mindset to be data-driven and results-oriented
- Driving Change: Making sure that research results in well measured changes to learning programs for non-Andelans.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Product development
- Business research
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.