Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Company: Andela Lagos
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Key Stakeholders/Interfaces: Director of Operations, Finance Manager
This role includes maintaining all Andela buildings and grounds facilities. Supervision of tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, procurement and custodial services. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination. The Facilities Coordinator should have the ability to collaborate with and support all stakeholders/interfaces.
- Direct and plan essential central services such as maintenance, power and cleaning.
- Prepare and track Planned Preventive Maintenance.
- Oversee cleaning staff to ensure maintenance and orderliness of all working and living spaces at Andela’s facilities.
- Develop and organize preventive maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate construction projects, remodels, renovations and other special projects
- Coordinate with contractors in providing contracted services.
- Ensure all Andela Lagos Facilities meet property safety standards - Government Regulations and Environmental, Health and Security standards
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare specifications and documents for equipment procurement.
- Assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and reports.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the generator and contact the appropriate technicians to resolve power outages and malfunctions, as appropriate.
- Assist with vendor/contractors supervision.
- Closely monitor equipment maintenance. Also maintain accurate records of all maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and SLA.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to report problems, solutions, and costs associated. Provide a weekly status update on any pending project.
- Assist with the procurement of all request and supplies.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies as they relate to facilities.
- Support office logistics and travel management as required.
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving complaints.
- Managing accommodation - maintenance, liaising with residence to resolve issues, ensure rules of occupancy in Andela’s accommodation are strictly adhered to.
- Supervise the delivery of critical support services in order to achieve maximum efficiency and value.
- Direct oversight of workplace safety and compliance to Target Zero.
- Ensured service providers and contractors are compliant with the company’s quality standards -cleaning services, maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the senior management team, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- To consult/work with other senior managers on specific initiatives as required
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity
- Must work effectively and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and willingness to serve
- Ability to execute projects systematically
- Good craftsmanship.
- Proficient in computer applications using Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Minimum of one year experience in facilities management and supervising others