Location: Franklin, TN
Job Title: Vice President of Quality
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Start date: Immediately
At Ancient Nutrition (ancientnutrition.com) and DrAxe.com (draxe.com), together with our affiliated companies, we believe the human body was built for high performance, and we are passionate about helping people around the world transform their lives through natural health and wellness. We produce and sell 5-star-rated organic health supplements, provide transformative programs and certification courses and deliver unparalleled (and free) education on nutrition, natural medicine, fitness, healthy recipes, DIY home remedies and trending health news through multiple platforms. Our whole food nutritional products are designed to provide ancient nutrients in a modern, convenient form to power the body and mind, restoring us to the health, strength and vitality of our ancestors.
Named Tennessee's fastest growing company 2 years in a row and landing at #35 on Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies nationwide, we have a lot of successes under our belt. And we're just getting started! Our portfolio brands include: Ancient Nutrition, Axe Organics, Functional Fungi, Ancient Apothecary and Beyond Organic. We have locations in North Palm Beach, FL, Nashville, TN, Arroyo Grande, CA and Mt. View, MO.
As the Vice President of Quality, you will champion quality control and assurance across our entire manufacturing process. You will be tasked with ensuring all of our nutritional supplements adhere to every aspect of our rigorous standards and legal compliance. Essentially, you will ensure that the nutritional supplements of Tennessee’s fastest growing company exceed all quality expectations.
Most importantly, you'll see first hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will directly manage and develop growing quality and product development staff
- You will indirectly manage quality and product development staff with contract manufacturers.
- You will direct resolution to quality problems.
- You will develop, implement and monitor the quality programs for compliance to all necessary regulatory codes, including, but not limited to, 21 CFR 101, 110 and 111.
- You will develop, implement and monitor the quality programs for compliance to all necessary third party certifiers, including, but not limited to, USDA Organic, non-GMO, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free.
- You will develop, implement and monitor allergen program in all facilities.
- You will write and edit SOP’s and associated forms to better meet compliance and match the practiced process.
- You will help work to achieve new certifications (ex. ISO, GAP, cGMP).
- You will act as contact for FDA, GMP, GAP, Organic and all 3rd party certification audits.
- You will assist with internal quality audits of the facilities.
- You will work with appropriate production/operation managers and quality personnel to solve quality issues and rework procedures.
- You will aid and assist in customer regulatory requests and consumer complaints as needed.
- You will review and approve certificates requested by customers.
- You will write Material Review Investigations as needed, to make Disposition Decisions.
- You will establish, monitor and revise product specifications and lab testing reports.
- You will create, reconstruct and monitor companywide MMRs and BPRs.
- You will act as one of three people who sign MMR’s into effectiveness.
- You will act as one of three people who sign SOP’s info effectiveness.
- You will check for accuracy of copy and issue batch records as needed.
- You will participate in job and facility related training as appropriate.
- You will create, reconstruct and monitor Vendor Qualification Program.
- You will measure and manage 3rd Party Vendor Quality Assurance
- You will produce company product/curriculum to reach organizational objectives.
- You will collaborate with sales to develop products that support strategic relationships.
- You will streamline and integrate processes and communication between curriculum, compliance, customer service, sales and marketing in support of the company’s product development direction, timelines, budgets and overall sales revenue objectives.
- You will represent, advocate for and manage company and product development goals through relationships with industry service providers, associations, regulatory/certifying bodies. Align and implement products created through strategic relationships/partnerships with over-arching company product strategic direction.
- You will conduct regular site visits to work hands on with companywide manufacturing locations as necessary (Functional Fungi, Lief Organics, Ancient Apothecary, Beyond Organic Processing, etc).
What we’re looking for:
- You must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in quality assurance.
- You must have a minimum of 5 years in manufacturing.
- You must have experience in dietary supplements, nutraceuticals or pharmaceuticals.
- We will give preference to candidates with experience in 3rd party certification quality control and assurance including but not limited to USDA Organic, non-GMO, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free.
- You are an expert communicator.
- Details are your best friend.
- Your organizational skills have made it to your sock drawer.
- When you hear CFR 110, 111 or 117, you may get a bit giddy.
- You like people.
- You work quickly with impeccable accuracy.
- You look for ways to improve process.
- You write SOP’s in your sleep.
- Multitasking is your middle name.
- You like working in a fast paced environment with incredibly fun people.
- You are humble.
- You are coachable.
- Your previous colleagues say you are a creative problem solver.
- You take initiative.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, we are a laid back, fast paced place to be. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Competitive paid time off is a given and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered. We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If this sounds like you, send us your information! We are huge on culture fit, so put some personality into your cover letter. Let us know why you want to work with us, and what would make you the perfect fit! We really do read them!