Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Both Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 17 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
As the Purchasing Coordinator, you will make sure we have what we need to manufacture the market’s leading nutritional supplements. Essentially, you will ensure that the nutritional supplements of Tennessee’s fastest growing company have all the materials on hand to keep the process moving! Most importantly, you'll see first-hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You’ll develop strategies to ensure goods are available to maintain production schedules.
- You’ll be creating and sending purchase orders for raw materials and products.
- You’ll evaluate supplier performance and maintain KPI’s.
- You’ll coordinate with suppliers and carriers to ensure the right products are delivered to the right place at the right time.
- You’ll track the progress of all shipments and address any problems.
- You’ll contact each vendor and gather information regarding price, availability, and quality of products.
- You’ll confer with the supply chain manager to determine purchasing needs.
- You’ll monitor all purchase requisitions and handle adjustments with vendors.
- You’ll process proof of delivery requests.
- You’ll create and handle RFQ’s and provide results to the supply chain manager in a fast paced, constantly fluid raw material environment.
- You’ll work closely with the supply chain manager providing documentation and constant status updates on all purchase.
- You’ll maintain documentation and work closely with the quality team to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- You were voted “Most Detailed” in your high school yearbook.
- You’ve been described as an over communicator.
- You are autonomous. We are very busy, and we don’t have time to micromanage.
- Learning new things is second nature to you.
- If we look in your kitchen there’s a high likelihood we would find kale and quinoa.
- You are humble. You like not being the smartest person in a room.
- You have the ability to make quick decisions.
- Your organizational skills have made their way to your sock drawer.
- Your written and verbal communications skills have been highly praised.
- You can negotiate and resolve conflict with ease.
- Industry experience preferred
- Supply chain educational background preferred
- Proficient in Excel and cloud based operating systems
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)