Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Remote (USA and CAN citizens only)
Status: Full Time Salary
Reports to: Quality Manager
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is one of the most popular natural health websites in the world with over 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
Quality Assurance Specialist will work with the Quality and Regulatory team to support Good Manufacturing Practices and FDA Regulatory compliance initiatives including but not limited to:
- Providing clerical and administrative support related to Quality and Regulatory processes and systems
- Support development of routing documents for review and approval in the electronic Document Management System
- Maintain controlled documents in the electronic Quality Management System
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data to prepare reports, presentations, and key performance indicators (KPI) as assigned.
- Administrate Customer Complaints and liaise with Customer Service to resolve incomplete or additional documentation needs – including data entry of complaint details
- Escalate quality findings or incidents to department management as they are identified through customer complaints or conveyed via email/slack messaging
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality objectives are met
- Coordinate warehouse/office returns by logging and looking up returns related to customer complaints
- Support QMS-Quality Management System activities such as testing, verification and validation
- Engage and communicate with internal personnel within the quality-inquiries channel via Slack
- Create and maintain Certificate of Analysis(COA) for review and approval by Quality management.
- Support the product release to commerce process both internally and with contract manufacturers by reviewing COA, specifications, and labels
- Additional Quality related activities as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in the dietary supplement or food industry area
- GMP & HACCP certification or advance knowledge
- Advance knowledge of GMP (good manufacturing practices) for dietary supplements and food
- 21 CFR 111, 21 CFR 117
- Advance knowledge of FSMA - Food Safety Cosmetic Act preferred
- Knowledge or experience with 3rd party laboratories and GMP industry certifiers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Work is about what you do, not where you do it. We are able to hire from across the US and Canada and if you’re near Nashville, TN you can work from our office. Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, but fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited Paid Time Off is a given for salary employees and a generous amount of paid time off accrues for hourly employees, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products.
If you feel this role is meant for you, write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! We really do read them!