Job Title: Sales Director, Global Business Development and eCommerce
Status: Full Time Salary
Reports to: SVP, Retail Sales
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is one of the most popular natural health websites in the world with over 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
We’re looking for an ambitious and strategic Director of Sales to join our sales team! In this new full time role you will be responsible for growing and nurturing both new and current strategic partnerships with our retail partners both domestically and internationally This role is responsible for leading the sales, marketing and operations elements to drive the brand! We're looking for a forward thinking-mindset individual who enjoys taking on new challenges, identifying commercial opportunities, and who is not afraid to push the boundaries when it comes to identifying and closing business opportunities to expand the brand.
You will have proven sales experience in working and managing international business (including Canada) preferably in the CPG industry, to include having a strong cross functional background in several key areas like finance, marketing, and operations. You clearly understand P&L’s, with the understanding that you will be empowered to make decisions to drive both profit and volume. You will be highly numerate, target-driven, commercially savvy, keen to find creative solutions to challenges and passionate about working in the health food industry.
If you are a team player with strong leadership skills and who constantly displays a “can-do” attitude, please fill out the application and write us a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deliver against the company’s volume and profit goals for each specific business unit (Etail,
- International (to include Canada and other world markets).
- Create, design and execute promotional specific programming for each respective market (i.e
- Canada, Southeast Asia, UAE, Mexico, China, Korea etc), to include prioritizing what items we want
- to target for new distribution by market.
- Manage all global client accounts across the globe – working with the VP of Sales and other
- leadership to cultivate and grow a profitable business.
- Achieve fundamental goals and results at the lowest possible selling cost while maximizing
- company revenue (to include brokerage, commissions, marketing expenses, etc).
- Manage and participate in the development, design, and presentation of new items to all key
- customers within your assigned territory.
- Collaborate with the all facets of the organization on a consistent basis (Finance, Operations, and
- Marketing) on all major initiatives (new product introductions, price increases, go-to-market
- strategies, inventory management, cost reduction, sales forecasting etc).
- Effectively use knowledge of customer, market, and principal to successfully sell principals' specific
- programs and initiatives as well as Company objectives and initiatives - involve Marketing,
- Technology, and Sales Support resources as needed to accomplish the objectives.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of principals' strategies, selling programs, and initiatives to
- the VP of Sales to include the company founders and the COO on a regular basis.
- Monitor and takes corrective action as necessary in financial management, i.e. deductions,
- customer penalties, fines/fees, etc.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 7+ years CPG Experience required.
- Class of trade experience required would include: Conventional, Drug, E-Commerce and
- International. Mass and Club is a plus.
- A university degree is required.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated professionalism, dependability, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance customer and internal needs.
- Ability to work cross functional to drive business solutions.
- Strong organization and follow up skills.
- Solid understanding of how global/international markets work to include deal structures.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal language and implications to deal structure.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough decisions and be accountable for the results.
- Strong knowledge of Southeast Asia, China, Australia, UAE, and other key markets (as needed).
- Close and grow business by initating introductions and securing, holding meetings and
- presentations with influencers and decision makers.
- Minimum of 3+ years of broker experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master Degree a plus.
- Expert skills required in the use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Must have the ability to analyze sales data (SPINS, Customer POS, market data,etc) and other
- sales/category trends in order to create and execute effective sales presentations.
- Strong background and expertise required in managing P&L’s, building annual customer plans,
- providing sales and unit forecasts, etc.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation and have excellent negotiation
- Must have a strong entrepreneurial spirit to include comfort in chasing “white space” as well as meeting new customers and driving new business.
- Strong financial business acumen and familiarity with P&L’s.
- Oversee all broker activity in both Canada and the International market (where applicable).
- Provide written and oral feedback to the broker on a consistent basis to include setting specific goals and targets.
- Work in the field with brokers and/or sales reps/managers to help and assist in the delivery of company objectives and goals (minimum 2/year) depending on the market.
- Strategic Thinking and Teamwork is a must!
- Strong leadership skills – must have the capacity to be resilient and disciplined in the face of
- adversity and challenges.
- Able to maintain a holistic view of the business outside of direct channel responsibility.
- Strong communication skills – ability to “read the room”, adapt to the situation to include being an
- excellent listener.
- Leads, demonstrates supports company culture (i.,e positive spirit, can do attitude, helpful, and
Beyond the above qualifications, candidates must possess the following personal attributes:
- Organization and Multitasking Skills. We are obsessively thoughtful, every detail matters. The
- position has primary responsibility for efficient organization. This person must be effective in
- working under deadlines, prioritize issues and manage concurrent projects.
- People Skills. We are authentic and approachable. An ability to build positive, pleasant, and
- productive relationships with customers, partners and team members is essential.
- Passion to Win. We are a passionate group of confident people, bold in our actions. The Team
- is enthusiastic and committed to improving the health and lives of our consumers.
- Positive, Fun and Optimistic Environment. We strive to create a hard working, lively
- environment that is enjoyable and rewarding. Our Team is encouraged to be collaborative and
- bring their own unique personality and style.
- Big idea strategic thinker with the problem solving skills, organization detail and analytical chops
- to champion support for projects, prove effectiveness and show results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; Exhibits an ‘All hands on deck’ mentality. Motivated by small, purpose
- led organizations and demonstrates a strong bias for action and a clear results orientation.
- Hunger and drive to build a business
- Good balance between academic knowledge and ‘street savvy’
- Humility and desire to employ a ‘growth mindset’ with the business & the team
- Culturally intentional – cares about creating a positive, collaborative, win-together environment
- 25-50% Travel both U.S and International Markets.
Work is about what you do, not where you do it. We are able to hire from across the US and Canada and if you’re near Nashville, TN you can work from our office. Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, but fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged.
We offer health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited Paid Time Off is a given, and after 6 months of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you feel this role is meant for you, write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! We really do read them!