Job Title: Senior Manager, Marketplace
Location: Nashville, TN/Remote
Reports to: Senior Director of eCommerce
Ancient Nutrition, together with DrAxe.com, is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, as well as restore health, strength and vitality.
Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is one of the most popular natural health websites in the world with over 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
This position leads the Amazon business and is responsible for strategic direction and execution management of growth plans. This role is responsible for leading the sales, marketing and operations elements required to successfully run the business. You will manage your team, work with agencies, and collaborate cross-functionally to drive growth. Amazon is a critical part of Ancient Nutrition’s business and we’re looking for an motivated and entrepreneurial individual who is excited about new opportunities!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage all sales, marketing and operations elements of the Amazon portfolio to meet/exceed assigned forecast targets
- Develop short and long term strategy for the Amazon business
- Accurately forecast sales and expenses, provide monthly updates to all relevant stakeholders including Finance and Operations
- Provide weekly reporting on key account metrics and assigned KPI’s
- Create and execute promotional plan based on ROI, historical performance, and consumption data
- Manage performance of the Marketplace support team using OKRs and support career development
- Effectively manage budgets to achieve sales targets without overspending
- Research and advocate for products, formats, packs, pricing and processes needed for success on Amazon
- Define and implement Go to Market strategy with cross functional teams (marketing, supply chain, IT, Sales)
- Understand impact and importance of marketplace pricing & monitor against recommended pricing guidelines, manage MAP and resellers
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual business reviews by analyzing and interpreting sales and marketing data to provide key insights and opportunities to grow the business
- Identify new trends and opportunities for business growth and implement action plans
- Lead and negotiate agreements with vendors and Amazon
- Manage communication between warehouse, inventory, forecasting and purchasing departments to continually improve in-stock rate, reduce operations costs and find efficiencies
- Continually work on strategies and tactics to improve search rankings, advertising performance, traffic and conversion
- Manage Amazon advertising, marketing and content strategy with marketing coordinator – PPC, Display, social (on and off platform), SEO
- Work with team to maintain brand and catalogue health - product listing integrity, product transitions, etc
- Drive cross-functional projects to support strategic omnichannel initiatives and opportunities
- Key Account Management experience
- Requires strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Expert level of selling on Amazon (Seller Central/ Vendor Central) or other key marketplace customers with extensive knowledge of best practices, strategies and tools
- Strong leadership skills to manage team members, agencies and cross-functional teams
- Highly experienced with digital marketing - PPC, SEO, Display Advertising, social media, email, influencers, etc
- Exceptional communication skills and team attitude required to champion online needs and collaborate with others
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and performance versus goals
- Possess an entrepreneurial attitude required to take initiative on identifying and actioning growth opportunities
- Strong analytical and financial skills required, including experience with forecasting, budgeting, syndicated data, financial analyses, P&L’s, etc
- Experience working with agencies and managing both tradespend and marketing budgets
- Comfortable presenting information, proposals and sales reports/trends
- Ability to take direction and manage others
- 5+ years experience in eCommerce
- Experience working in a consumer packaged goods (CPG), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and/or consumer durables industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
From a work from home culture equipped with a centralized, optional co-working space, Ancient Nutrition is a laid-back yet fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of virtual team-wide fun including virtual scavenger hunts, happy hours and more!
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is available for salary employees, a generous amount of paid time off amount for hourly employees, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are also passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)